M2 Task - Teen brain vs. Adult brain


Teen brain Vs. Adult Brain






For this task I decided to do the teen brain vs. the adult brain. I have three teenage boys ages 17, 15, and 14 so this was of great interest to me and something I could readily apply the knowledge I had learned in preparation for the task. I asked my mom to be in video because we live with her and my dad so even though the teenagers are mine, she has first hand experience on a daily basis with them. The brain and how it works has always intrigued me and I have done a lot of informal learning through the years. Also, because of some the things I have been through in my life I have researched the different aspects and issues with the brain.

So this just confirms what I knew: 
Teen brains ARE very different than adults brains!!! 



Watch this video as I explain to my mom about the differences I learned about.




My mom was very surprised at some of the things I shared with her. It helped her to understand why we have to repeatedly tell them the same thing over and over. We are constantly telling them to move their shoes out of the walk way so that papa doesn't fall or anyone else and yet they do the same thing the next day. I share stories of my own life in an effort to help them not repeat some of the same mistakes or to help them when they have an issue with a teacher and sometimes it gets frustrating because they just don't get it!!! but now we can understand that its not just that they don't care or that we have done a bad job raising them, its just that they are still developing important areas of their brain. She said that she wished she new these things when I was growing up and could have better helped me through my teen years. 



These videos and information was very interesting and helpful. I am so blessed to have learned it and want to continue to learn about how to better understand my teenagers and share this information with my fellow parents of teenagers. 




Just for fun-This is what it seems like teen brains are made of sometimes!!

Comments

  1. The video says it's "unavailable". Can you please check in the settings if it is made "public"? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personality

About My Interest in Psychology