#Psychstory

My Story of Multiculturalism 



Here it is. Just a piece of my life. There is so much I could tell and usually when I tell my story its about another aspect of my life. I have never thought about my story in terms of multiculturalism or its effects on my life. When I first heard that word I figured it pertained primarily to race but I have learned it doesn't. Its really just about our differences as people. As men and women, young and old, its what makes us so different and interesting.

 I got to think about my grandmother and some of my childhood for this assignment. I was great to remember her and how I got started with my love of cooking. I tried to find a picture of her but lots of our pictures are still in boxes because of our move. So much of our society revolves around food. It is consistent with fellowship and a very important part or building relationships and celebrating special moments in our lives. I am grateful to have the talent of cooking. It has been how I express my creativity which I never really thought I had. 

Many times I don't think of myself as anything special. My past has been filled with so much darkness and destruction due to my struggle for many years with alcohol. But this has reminded me that I am not just someone who has overcome that struggle. I have many gifts and talents and I have used them in many ways in my life. I have and am a hard worker and have excelled at much more in my life then I give myself credit for. This assignment has helped me see that and I am grateful for that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M2 Task - Teen brain vs. Adult brain

About My Interest in Psychology

Personality